Don’t give up hope
Exactly one year ago was the most unhappy I have ever been in my professional life. I wanted to share this story because it changed. 🙌🏻
We can all make career decisions which are the wrong move, or just fall fate to circumstance. In the words of a mentor, take the learnings and move on, that’s how we grow. 🌱
At the moment with COVID-19, furlough and redundancies there will be lots of people who are going through what I went through in June 2019. I want you to know you’re not alone!
What worked for me:
• Acknowledge the situation, but know it will pass - even if the process of change is stressful.
• Realise the parts of the situation you can control and the ones you can’t. Focus on the ones you can!
• Learn what makes you happy. For me it’s creativity and feeling part of a team. What’s yours?
• Write down the steps which can improve things you can change. Implement them. It doesn’t matter how slowly, you’re taking control.
(This could be writing a CV or going for a walk for mental health)
• Have the bravery to follow your heart and make a decision. On my own journey I asked trusted friends their advice. Weigh up the risks. Make a call.
• Work like hell!
We all go through tough times. If this is you right now, don’t give up hope. It will get better! ☀️